Was browsing through BuzzFeed when I spotted this article: 27 Things “One Tree Hill” Taught Us.
I’m not an avid fan of OTH. I’ve only ever watched a few episodes and I don’t even remember the characters’ names and all that. Hahaha. But the things mentioned in the article here were so true and they are applicable to our own lives. So here they are (not gonna embed the GIFs here) with some comments from myself in pink:
1. The lyrics to Gavin DeGraw’s “I Don’t Want To Be” (‘All I have to do is think of me and have peace of mind’)
2. There are six billion people in the world. Six billion souls. And sometimes, all you need is one.
3. Expectation is the root of all heartache. – What a coincidence! I was writing about expectation a few weeks ago (still unpublished) and this appeared!
4. Some people will walk in and out of your life. Sometimes they come back.
5. … and there’s not always an explanation.
6. Some friendships are worth fighting for. – Agree! Speaking from my own experience several years ago back in junior high.
7. Some aren’t. – Uh huh.
8. People don’t always tell the truth. – Tell me about it. I am sure every one of us is guilty as charged.
9. … but it’s important to. – Honesty is the best policy after all, though it’s hard to do at times.
10. Just because you’re not related doesn’t mean you’re not family. – So true. Best friends are families too.
11. It’s okay to be who you are. – Being your true self is the best way to go.
12. But it’s not okay to take things for granted. – 10000000000000x agree.
13. Say what you need to say. – Before it’s too late.
14. Don’t believe everything you hear. – Not everything you hear is true.
15. Believe in yourself. – If you don’t believe in yourself, how could you expect others to believe in you?
16. Believe in magic. – I do 😉
17. Believe in love.
18. … because love conquers all.
19. You have to go after what you want.
20. … and never give up.
21. … because life is too short.
22. … and it goes by too fast. – So totally agree!
23. No matter how much you’re hurting, it will always get better. – Hear hear!
24. It’s okay to be fearless.
25. It’s okay to have lazy days. – Okay, an excuse to be a lazy bum once in awhile hehehe.
26. You matter. Your actions matter.
27. … and of course, your art matters. – Aiya, this one is not related to me coz my art sucks hahaha.
So yea, since life is short and it’s beautiful, we shall make the best out of it and enjoy it to the fullest! 😀